Sunday 22 September 2013

Mixed up words!

I know it's been a while, the summer holidays came and went and I cannot lie; I am glad the children are back in school.

My little man is now in year 3 and already the school have concerns over him coping. He seems to have withdrawn a little, isolating himself from his peers. I am willing to bet that this is due to a change in class room, teacher and support. He takes a long time to get used to someone.

Tonight my man was looking at the puppy's teeth which are starting to fall out and be replaced with adult teeth. He had this overwhelming urge to touch them, fortunately our little labrador puppy is very used to this and just rolls over and lets him get on with it.

He turned to me and said "Mum, I thought this tooth was pointy. It's shark..." It took me a few moments but I realised that he still uses the word "shark" to mean "sharp". I do love these little blunders, but can't help but worry for him since he is already a target for bullying and his peers have all matured in both behaviour and speech. I guess I should just be happy that my little man is going to be "little" and innocent that bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment